As Earth Day approaches, we wanted to remind you how to decrease your environmental footprint while increasing the longevity of your clothes. These simple tricks can make a positive impact on the earth—and your pocket book. Happy Earth Day!
- SWITCH TO COLD WATER. This simple act can cut your energy impact by up to 90 percent. When care labels call for machine washing, it is okay to use cold water.
- LINE DRY. Conventional dryers are a huge energy culprit. Line drying preserves fibers—and the life of your clothes.
- WASH LESS. Many organic materials break down with excessive washing. By washing your clothes less often your garments will last longer, and you save water and electricity.
- STEAM INSTEAD OF IRON. Steaming saves energy and freshens clothes, extending the time between dry cleanings
- SIMPLIFY. Buy only items you love, that are easy to care for and that will stay in style for years.